Mango

Default interior painting tips???

All you dyi'ers, I want to bounce this off ya!

I need to paint a few rooms and I have come to the following conclusions on
the easiest way to paint a rooms or anything interior, only because I have
not had the greatest success in the "top to bottom method"

Now, the conventional wisdom say do the ceiling, the walls and then
baseboards or...paint from the top down....my problem with that is I can
never get a sharp straight paint job where the celing and walls meet. and I
dont want to disassemble the room or the baseboards...etc

So...

Assuming a normal track home bedroom....10 by 12 or 30 by 50...whatever, and
assuming you have *smooth* walls, I think the following works best in ease
and best paint job....

1- obviously prep all the surfaces to fill in holes etc. and use good
quality brushes of the proper width etc....

2 remove all hardware from the wall and patch where necessary.

3-paint the walls top to bottom....up to the ceiling and down to the
baseboards.....

Note...now most would say...NO...do the ceiling first...

4- allow the paint to dry (one day)
5- tape the walls for the ceiling....and tape the walls at the doors and
baseboards. Here is where care is critical for those sharp seams...so take
your time to apply the painters tape...and use only painters tape....4 inch
wide. and get it on straight and true.....

6-Paint the ceiling....don't get carried away so as to splash the paint on
the walls which would ruin your wall paint job....

7- for the baseboards, gather some kraft paper and squeze it between the
floor and baseboard
8 now your can paint the baseboard knowing that the lines will be straight
and true.

so...whats wrong with this method?

Mango