HeyBub

peter wrote:
I noticed newly installed fence board have wet bottoms after raining.
I think water is wicking up from the bottom of the fence board.

Would painting just the bottom (the side that faces the ground) of
the fence board (a 4x1 cedar) fix this and prolong the life of the
fence? Since it's impossible to repaint the bottom once the fence is
installed, whatever paint/stain/sealant is used should last 10 years
or more in an outdoor environment. Any suggestions?

1. Saw sufficient inches from the bottom to prevent the pickets from
touching the ground.

2. If number 1 looks odd, cover the resulting space with horizontal boards.
When they rot, replace.