Gary J Tait

On 23 Mar 2005 08:08:26 -0800, "Awol [AT] i-hacked [D0T] com"
wrote:

Upon closer inspection, a controller chip is imbedded in the LCD
panel, mounted right on the glass. No markings of any kind. I'm now
guessing (hoping?) that it's a 44780-type controller, in a 4-bit
configuration.

Here are a few pics:
http://204.119.31.17/support/ebay/lcd_1.jpg
http://204.119.31.17/support/ebay/lcd_2.jpg
http://204.119.31.17/support/ebay/lcd_3.jpg
http://204.119.31.17/support/ebay/lcd_4.jpg

Any ideas?

Awol
awol [AT] i-hacked [D0T] com

I would look for manufacturer markings, failing that, scope the lines
and see if I can make a Hitachi compatible display work.

Tim Mitchell wrote:
"Awol [AT] i-hacked [D0T] com" writes

It can't be a 16x2 bare LCD with only 10 pins, that would need 96+16
pins for all the rows and columns (normally done with a conductive
rubber strip). It must be something else.
--
Tim Mitchell