Mark C. Spaeth

In rec.games.video.arcade.collecting Robert Bullock wrote:
: SN74LS368AN. Date code 43AD7HM
:
: In a Pac board at 8B, gives Matrix-like green lines and weird static on
: screen. Putting the old part in made it go away. New socket. Put these in
: loosely, pushed them in tight, etc. nothing worked to make it go away. Tin
: double wipe sockets. Game play is unaffected.
:
: Old part worked fine under every circumstance.
:
: Ordered from Avnet Mar 10, quantity 11. I tried 5, all the same more or
: less, amount of static varied.
:
: Shame on you TI.
:
: If you would like one, send me a self addressed stamped envelope.
:
: Don't ya just love bad parts right out of the box new?

They're probably not bad parts, just not fast enough to be used in the
clock oscillator circuit. Was the original an LS? Did you pull the
TI datasheet and see if that chip is spec'd at 18MHz?

--
Mark Spaeth
50 Vassar St., #38.265

Cambridge, MA 02139