Emiliano Molina

I encourage you, and everyone to go through the ritual of building a
bench. You get a bonus, btw. Because building a bench involves the almost
complete range of needed woodworking skills, it comes with just great
rewards. Theres lots of referrence, equipment links and plans on my
website. Jump in and build one. It's fun!

To this I would like to add that you don't need a lot of tools either.
I am building mine from recycled timbers which I got in a rough state.
I don't have any powertools because I live in a flat (appartment to
those on the other side of the pond). A plane, some saws, chisels,
scrapers, sharpening stones and assorted other small tools is all you
need. A B&D WorkMate has been a lifesaver so far and I have got so used
to it that I can imagine that I will continue to use it for some tasks
even after the main bench is complete.

Doing it this way takes a long time but it has been very rewarding.

The base is finished and I am currently working on the top. Winding
sticks and that little blue No. 4 record plane are all the tools I have
had out of the closet for weeks.