Nate Perkins

Andy Dingley wrote:
It was somewhere outside Barstow when Nate Perkins
wrote:

Wish I had a Stanley 12 :-)

What works for me on a Stanley 80:

They're quite different tools. The #80 is a holder for a fairly

normal
cabinet scraper, with a square edge. The #12 may have a 45=B0 edge to
the scraper (although not always). These 45=B0 scrapers are softer,
have a larger hook, and IMHE are very easy to sharpen in comparison.
I'm fussy about carefully sharpening and burnishing cabinet scrapers,
but quite slapdash in doing those for my #12 or #112. I very rarely
stone the bevel - just a 1000 grit stone to take any nicks out of the
edge.

Hi Andy,

The Stanley 80 blade does not have a squre edge; it has a 45 degree
bevel on it ... unless mine is defective ;-P=20

Regards,
Nate