Phillip Hallam-Baker

If you can read a print, what is the necessity of a video?
And Q2: If you know what you want, why are plans necessary?

The video is useful to know the order in which to build and assemble.
Norm is much better than Marks in this respect, quite often I end up
wondering why Marks made things difficult for himself by choosing the
order of operations he did, when Norm chooses a particular order it
usually turns out to be with good reason.

I now have my DVR set to record Marks every morning, I don't find it an
acceptable Norm substitute. In the first place the episodes are much
shorter, 20 minutes instead of 24. And of that time something like 4
minutes is taken up with previews and flashbacks arround each
commercial break. The result is that in the time Norm has built a
garden shed Marks has built a jewlery case.

The other issue is the choice of wood. Marks uses exotic woods almost
exclusively, until the last season Norm was mostly using plywood and
MDF. The dining room table must have cost something like $2,000 for the
wood alone though. I was somewhat surprised that he did the solid top
when veneer would have been much cheaper and was the material of choice
at the time the original was made.