mp

Actually I could set up a 220v system. It would be a little more work,
but
doable. I was concidering the portability of the compressor though. But
thinking about it now, I guess it would not really be a huge factor for
the
compressor to not be on wheels.

Do you really need portability? And for what purpose? As someone else
mentioned, you can run long lengths or airhose without a problem. If you
have an occaisional need to use a nailer in other locations then perhaps a
small 10 gallon air tank or a cheap pancake compressor would do.

I did read somewhere that you really should not use an extension cord to
plug in the compressor. I guess you want the shortest power cord
possible.
This would basically eliminate the portability of a compressor on wheels
if
there was no convienent outlet where you needed the air.

What is the advantge of a compressor running on 220v?

It's not so much an advantage, but the ability to run larger compressors
that are 220v only. The first two compressors you mentioned are about the
max you'll get out of 110v. Anything larger will require 220v.

The only other problem with going to a compressor that uses 220v is, it's
almost a little to big for the space I have. But again, could be doable.

The next compressor up from the Husky I was looking at, is a 60 gallon
10.2
@ 90.

This would allow you to run a wider variety of air tools.