Jag Man

I installed the Everpure ROM II about 8-9 years ago. It has two
cartridges,
one of which is Reverse Osmosis (RO) and the other is a prefilter. The
prefilter
removes chlorine and dirt kinds of things, both of which would harm
the RO
cartridge. The RO removes dissolved solids. The system produces
excellent
drinking water. And, not wanting anything less in iced drinks, I ran a
line up through the wall, through the atttic, and down to the
refrigerator
ice maker. There is a bit of sticker shock with this system, but IMHO
you will find none better. The cartridges are also expensive, but they
need to be replaced very seldom, at least in our area. As I recall,
I've replaced the
RO cartridge twich since installing it, the first time probably
unnecessarily
since I had not yet bought the dissolved solids tester to see when
it's needed.

As a separate issue, we have a water softener processes all the water
going
to indoor taps, hot and cold. This keeps deposits off shower walls
and sinks.
We used Kenmore softeners for years, but the last time I put a system
together
myself using a Clack WS-1 valve. I really like it.

Ed

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
I'm new at this game so I definitely need assistance. I want to get

a water
filter system that will filter my drinking water at the tap and also

filter
the water going into my refrigerator. Can someone recommend a type

and
brand?