Buck Turgidson

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
I'm new at this game so I definitely need assistance. I want to get a

water
filter system that will filter my drinking water at the tap and also

filter
the water going into my refrigerator. Can someone recommend a type and
brand?

I have an Omni under-the-sink filter for the kitchen tap. It has 2 stage
filters. I notice a big difference in taste and clarity with it. Plus, I
have small kids and lead solder, so it hopefully helps there. Although just
running the tap for a minute or two probably clears the lead. You can buy
different filters in different combinations for whatever problem you're
trying to address. Some can filter asbestos and MTBE. Reverse osmosis
systems are supposedly the best, but they're more expensive and require a
tank under the cabinet.

I also purchased a GE brand in-line filter for the icemaker in my fridge.
You just splice it into the copper line.

You can get a whole-house system, but in my case it would be filtering
before the lead solder. And I see no point in washing clothes, cars,
dishes, in filtered water.