Edwin Pawlowski

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
I'm new at this game so I definitely need assistance. I want to get a
water filter system that will filter my drinking water at the tap and also
filter the water going into my refrigerator. Can someone recommend a type
and brand?

You want a charcoal filter cartridge. There are a few types available that
will suit your needs. The most cost effective is one that goes in the cold
water line tot he kitchen sink and is ahead of where the fridge is tapped
off. That way, one filter does both. You don't need to filter the hot
water or the entire house.

I have an Ista-Pur from Water Pic, but many other brands exist. Most are
fairly simple to install with minimal tools, and no soldering. Often
referred to as "under sink" they can be installed in the basement if that is
easier to get to.

If the refrigerator tap is before the kitchen line, you can use an in-line
filter for that.