Victor Grund

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"JackRabbit" wrote in message

I have forced hot air,
and would tap off of the first floor heating system, but I think that is
probably a waste of hot air when nobody is in the basement.

Close the registers when not in use. Electric is expensive to operate in
most areas.

So true. I'm also considering tapping into my first floor system, but I
have some concerns about disturbing the pressure balance of the forced
air system. I don't think it's always as simple as adding registers to
existing ducts. I am considering adding an additional HVAC zone for our
rather large basement instead (we have 4 zones already), though this may
be cost prohibitive.