trader-of-some-jacks

In article . com,
"BobK207" wrote:

My guesses:
the disposal housing "socket" might imperfection that the rubber
cannot seal

or mybe the gasket itself is damaged, maybe a nick or cut

I sugest you take it aprt & carefully examine the components

I often use a silicone vacuum grease on stuff like this. I have
installed about 10 Insinkerator disposals over the years (mostly 333 or
555's to replace old ones or a crappy Badger type) never had this type
of leak. This connection should seal properly.

btw I put all the stuff under the sink in two plastic bins (one on
under eacj sink). If I need to work under the sink & can remove all
the junk by simp-ly pulling the two bins. Plus if there is a leak it
goes into a bin.

how old is the unit?

cheers
Bob

Thanks Bob, for some good suggestions. The bin suggestion is good; I'll
get my wife on it. As for your question, I don't have the paperwork
handy, but I seem to remember the current disposal going in around 1998
or 1999. Just guessing though.

So you're suggesting that I slather some silicone vacuum grease (and
excuse my ignorance, that's a term I've not heard before) on the parts
and mate them again?