Edwin Pawlowski

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message

Suggest you take a subscription to Consumers Reports online site for a
month or two. They buy and test what they rate, and they do an annual
questionnaire to get information on reliability. For me, most importantly
they give a good general explanation in a very clear and concise manner,
talking about the different features available, listing the pros and cons
of each.

Many years ago they were OK. They seem much more biased in their reporting
and their findings have often been directly opposite my own experience.
They downgrade appliances and automobiles for things that I find to be a
plus. Read their information with an open mind and do other research also.
While they do have some good information, their priorities may not match
yours at all.