Charles Fearnley

Default Poxy Potterton boiler again...

"Colin Swan" wrote in message
During the winter I had a lot of problems with my Potterton Suprima
going into lockout, which was resolved with a new PCB (thanks Geoff!).
Now it is only doing water heating, it has started locking out again,
but we don't notice now until we run out of hot water :-(

What happens now is that the red LED is flashing, so I reset it. It
starts the fan, then you hear the spark (sparks a number of time,
which the old PCB apparently didn't), but it does not ignite. It will
then try again, and usually succeeds on the second attempt.

I have a Suprima as well (had not seen the rude comments on the group when I
bought it!), and have found that the spark gap is quite critical. The gap is
also the flame detector device, and I suspect that if it is too wide the
board decides that there is no flame, and tries ign again. After three
unsuccessful tries it goes into lockout.

Have a look in the manual and set the spark gap at just over the minimum
specified - this cured a similar problem on mine.

I haven't got the manual to hand at present, but could dig it out if you do
not have yours available.

PS, beware of the ceramic insulator while adjusting electrode spacing.

I would be interested to know if this works for you, as I suspect some of
the lockout problem is down to gap spacing, among other factors no
doubt......

Charles F