blueman

"Gideon" writes:

Robert,

There is a lot of confusion over the uses of WD-40. There are a
few versions of emails that ciruculate frequently and list many
benefits and uses for WD-40. Here are some comments which
I've sent to friends in regard to those emails about WD-40:

I have been using WD40 to wipe down my hand tools after use and also
to wipe down the external casing of my power tools such as cordless
drill and orbital sander.

Is this a good or appropriate use?

Even if I am reasonably careful, will spraying and wiping down the
exterior of electric hand tools cause problems by getting into the
gears and motors? If so, what else would you recommend for cleaning
the exterior of power tools?

Thanks