PatK

HeyBub wrote:
PatK wrote:

m Ransley wrote:

The city or county goverment will direct you on who to complain to on
garbage, it should be the health dept. And who can address your water
issue. If work is recent, 1 yr. you should have no problem in
getting him to remedy it through the inspectors.

No, it's not that recent. THe parking lot was repaved about 4 years
ago.

The time frame starts when you first notice the problem.

First, understand, the law's on your side irrespective of what ordinances,
inspections, permits, etc. may or may not exist. The owner of a piece of
property is absolutely responsible for any damage the use of his property
causes another. Your case is no different from one in which the neighbor
builds a rickety three-story building that falls on your house!

First, I would counsel with my homeowner's insurance agent. They may be able
to help.

Next, I'd visit the diner's owner. Explain that his resurfacing project has
imperiled your home, that he needs to get the contracters back out and have
them fix the job. No threats, but be firm in your position that he must take
steps forthwith and he must keep you informed of the progress.

Following that, after gathering all your ducks from the city inspection and
permitting office, visit a lawyer. A simple demand letter that the neighbor
take immediate steps should be sufficient.

As for the trash, heck, I'd gather it up in a trash bag and return it to
him. In the restaurant. During his busiest hour. I'd also send him a
fire-truck at various times of the day or night.

Send him a fire truck? What do you mean? Don't mean to be dumb or
anything...

Pat