[news]

I moved into a newly built house last October with Underfloor heating.
The problem is it is using 1000 litres of oil on average every 6 weeks.
The house is approx 2000 sq ft. I have had the boiler checked out
(commissioned and serviced) but no joy. I have the temp at the boiler
set to the lowest setting (dial reads 0 to 5 not temp so don't know
exactly what temp this is). Each room has own REHAU stat and these are
set around 20 - 22 degrees. Only prob is the control doesn't seem to be
great - some rooms warm some colder. I was thinking of changing the
room stats to see if I could get better control and better efficiency.
I have also had a UFH installer check out the system. He says it should
be ok. Any ideas out there??

do you know what the sub underfloor heating insulation consists of ?

if the house is well insulated and everything else is within spec, the last
'known unknown' would be the insulation under the heating system. if
that was installed incorrectly or it's insubstantial you could be heating
mother earth instead of our house ?

RT