Please I urgently need some advice here, about 6 months ago I had my
en-suite completely ripped out and 3 walls replastered and one wall
covered using backerboard. Last week I got my bathroom tiled from
floor to ceiling (using approx. 30cm x 30cm tiles). As these tiles

are
marble they are very heavy and obviously expensive. Anyway I was
assured that the walls didn't need priming prior to tiling and that
normal adhesive would be sufficient providing a waterproof grout was
used (I opted for Cerafix adhesive from B&Q).

I've found Cerafix fine for porous wall tiles, but beware using them in
any sort of sealed environment, I had tiles lift that had a sealed
surface and the adhesive was still wet about 3 weeks after laying
(causing the tiles to lift)

My customer, (luckily a friend in this case) was not best pleased !

I used Bal waterproof adhesive in my bathroom without a problem, but I
knocked off all loose plaster before laying them.

Check with the tile supplier what they recommend as others have said.

Cheers,

Paul.