Brian Elfert

"Scott D. Magee" writes:

I did read somewhere that you really should not use an extension cord to
plug in the compressor. I guess you want the shortest power cord possible.
This would basically eliminate the portability of a compressor on wheels if
there was no convienent outlet where you needed the air.

What is the advantge of a compressor running on 220v?

The only other problem with going to a compressor that uses 220v is, it's
almost a little to big for the space I have. But again, could be doable.

The next compressor up from the Husky I was looking at, is a 60 gallon 10.2
@ 90.

Get the bigger unit if you can swing it. HD lists both as 7 peak HP, but
the bigger unit has a much bigger motor.

The price difference between the two is minimal.

You will not be able to run the smaller unit on an extension cord unless
you get a good 12 gauge one that isn't too long. My father's small
Coleman compressor won't start at all on a lot of extension cords.

Brian Elfert