Rick Stein

We installed bamboo in a portion of our house 4 years ago. We used a
3-ply lamination, each piece 3.625" X 36" (I think those are the right
dimensions)long, tongue and groove, and end-matched. We bought the
pre-finished, natural color, horizontal layup product. We love the
stuff. It's a renewable resource, feels great on bare feet, and although
not impervious to scratches, chair leg denting, etc . . . it seems every
bit as durable as the oak flooring in other parts of our house. We are
just starting to build a new house (and a new, large shop!) and will use
bamboo throughout the main floor.

From my personal experience, I highly recommend the stuff. As an added
bonus, the stuff is relatively inexpensive (I just paid $2.18 per square
ft.)

Rick

wrote:
Sorry if this is a bit OT! I'm considering installing pre-finished
bamboo flooring (real, not laminate) in my "family room", and was
wondering if anyone in the group had any experiance with bamboo
flooring. Specifically in the areas of durability, and scratch/scuff
resistance.
I understand that much of this is also based on the finish...I was
hoping for an "all other things being equal" type of comparison.

Any help or advice would be gratly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hal