Nicky

Use a brad point bit to drill out chip, leaving a round hole(say 1/2"). Take
care not to drill through the underlayment. Cut a plug (with a plug cutter)
matching size (say 1/2") from leftover material, glue flush. If you match
grain/pattern carefully, the repair will be almost invisible.

"longshot" wrote in message
I have a room about 14 x 20 with laminate floor in it, I have a chip about
the size of half a dime. It is about 3 feet from the starter side
I am considering an attempt to cut the plank out (or part of it ) & gluing

new piece in it's place. Has anyone ever tried this? I hate to have to

pull
it all up( & baseboards) to get to it.

Thanks
Rob