Charlie Self

Luigi Zanasi writes:
Have fun finding it. Romeyn Hough's book has a massive collection of

samples arranged geographically, but with no apparent logic within
each geographical area. You can buy the book at Lee Valley:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/=ADpag...=3D1,46=AD096=
,46127...

I now use the box to hold my scrapers, burnishers, etc.

My wife confiscated the box on my copy of Hough. Great book in some
ways, reproduction not so great in others (that gold on black printing,
fer chrissake).

Check the below site for sassafras:

http://cgi.photobooks.com/scripts/tr...age=3D2&pict_=
id=3D0000180

Unlike Roy Underhill, I don't consider it my favorite wood, but I
surely do like it. Makes fantastic birdhouses, too--durable, among its
other qualities.