Charles A. Sherwood

Ok, easy it is. However, I can't see a reason to use anything beyond
aluminum oxide. I especially can't see a good reason to use a carbide type
grinder for HSS. At best, they're too restrictive to be functional.

I respect Harold's opinion. But I find it very hard to hand grind
toolbits with consistant angles and I also tend to generate
multi-facets. Also it takes a very talented person to hand grind
a 1-2 degree relieve angle for a groove cutting tool.

If you can hand grind toolbits great, but I can't and I don't have
the time or inclination to destroy expensive mo-max toolbits.
So I use a carbide grinder with AO wheels to grind HSS toolbits.
I can very consistantly grind toolbits and touch them up.
chuck