Don Bruder

In article ,
(~Roy~) wrote:

Look for Industiral Chemical suppliers in the yellow pages. I hooked
up with a local company which is a large nationwide supplier of
industrial chemicals and found out that even if y ou have to buy a
larger quanity than necessary what yuou need., they are still
considerably cheaper. Some items you may have to fill paperwork out
on, as lots of stuff is on the hit list with the DEA etc, but still
readily available..

When I was involved in the silver extraction thing years ago, we got a
local pool supply place to order the HNO3 for us. It came in on their
usual truckload of placarded stuff as "just another handful of boxes
with hazmat in 'em", incurring no extra charges beyond the standard
$5.00 for special orders. We went across town andgot it with the next
door neighbor's pickup 'cause there was no way we were going to fit 10
cases of acid into a Chevette with rusted out floorboards!

That was something like 15 years ago, though, maybe moving toward 20
years now... Trying to pick up multi-gallon lots of something that can
be used in the making of explosives (among other officially frowned-upon
activities) in these days of "homeland security", "The War (that's being
lost) On (certain) Drugs", and "terrorism threat levels" might raise a
few more eyebrows than one would like...

--
Don Bruder -
- New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.