James Sweet

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"kip" writes:

Dont even think about doing it..
Find another project to do.

Probably but - and I'm guessing he

It probably senses both of the following:

1. That the lamp starts and current is flowing and regulating properly.
2. That there is adequate light reaching the optics.

(1) can be faked out by simply moving the lamp out of the projection path
but this probably won't be easy since there may be up to 30 kV on the lamp
when starting and it still will need to be cooled..

(2), if present, could present more of a challenge. Without service

info -
gererally not available - no way to figure that out.

I would think the thing to do would be look at the ballast board for the
lamp and find a line that goes logic high or low when the lamp starts
successfully, however I too question the purpose of this project, the result
is likely to be a dim blob of laser light on the screen, if it can even be
aligned well enough to put anything at all on the screen. Not very exciting
at best.