Sam Goldwasser

"kip" writes:

Dont even think about doing it..
Find another project to do.

Probably but - and I'm guessing he

It probably senses both of the following:

1. That the lamp starts and current is flowing and regulating properly.
2. That there is adequate light reaching the optics.

(1) can be faked out by simply moving the lamp out of the projection path
but this probably won't be easy since there may be up to 30 kV on the lamp
when starting and it still will need to be cooled..

(2), if present, could present more of a challenge. Without service info -
gererally not available - no way to figure that out.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

kip
"Hans Christian" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm helping my daughter's school on a science project. Basically we
need to remove the lamp on a DLP projector and shine laser light into
the optics. However after we removed the lamp and placed the cover
back the DLP projector would not start. It seems that there's a
protection mechanism that recognizes the fact that the lamp is not
there. How do we disable this mechanism?

The projector in question is Infocus LP120.

Many thanks

Hans