Ray

The stylus started erratic operation and I found
that by holding the stylus in a particular place the stylus worked OK.
So I deduced a fractured wire. The stylus can be removed and unplugged
from the main unit. I had to force open the stylus to replace the thin
coaxial cable connecting it to the main unit.

Sean,
I had one of those open once, and I thought it was the stylus as
well. It didn't work any better after breaking it open and "repairing"
it, so I bought another stylus... same thing! Turns out the problem is
inside the tablet where the connectors plug in. Clean the contacts,
reassemble it and it should work fine again. The stylus is apparently
capacitively coupled and can't get enough signal with the bad contacts.

Ray
--

My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.