Richard Cline

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

I am not offering a solution but just asking a few questions that might
be helpful.
1 How thick can you make the grille?
2 Why do you want it made of wood?
3 Is there a solid floor below the grille? Is it a dirt trap?
4 Why do you want a grille? Is it only because that was there before?
5 Have you tried to get a tile that is a replacement?
6 There may be other decorations more interewsting than a grille.

Dick

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:53:55 GMT, miey wrote:

Hello,
I pulled out an old gas furnace in my hallway, which is tiled, and I'm
left with a small section, footprint, were the tile went around the
base of the furnace. It's about 6"x 12". I have no replacement tile to
repair this so I was thinking I could just make a fake floor air
grille to cover it up. So, all I need now is to find out how to
construct one of these. Any and all help appreciated.
Mike

At this point, the only one who knows that the space in question is
related to the furnace is you.

I would get outside of that box quickly and develop a feature that
would best fit into the room.

A pediment for a full size mount of a grizzly bear might be one
solution.

Then again, a shoe buffer might fit well into that space.

All kidding aside - try to think about it as others will meet it - it
might make your choices simpler.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)