~Roy~

I hate fooling with water soluable stuff, had been using MObil Gamma
IIRC, but have since changed to regular automatic transmission fluid,
in both the lathe, mill and horizontal bandsaw.......I don't notice
any differences. If I need a dark or sulphurized fluid I usualy apply
it with an oil can and let it mix with the ATF.....

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:20:41 -0500, "Tim Aberegg"
wrote:

===Hi All,
===Setting up a new (used) lathe and wondered what the group used for coolant.
===My old mills have a gear oil consistancy "coolant" in them and I use
===water/oil emulsion in the radial drill. We turn a wide variety of materials.
===Thanks,
===