Stefek Zaba

Bob Eager wrote:

The writing style you used above (entertaining!) reminds me strongly of
the writings of a friend of mine, Mike Padlipsky (he of the Telnet
protocol, and a book which was a diatribe against OSI). Ever read any of
his stuff?

No - or rather, not yet, since it sounds like I might have a treat in
store. The 'personalising' of machines to describe protocol steps isn't
exactly a Stefek invention, though I've been known to do it in a
particularly animated way when trying to keep a lecture room full of
students from falling asleep when hearing about IP basics or the innards
of TLS/SSL, SSH, IPSEC, and the like...

Hmm. I think I'm just about to buy Padlipsky's Collected Rants in
hardcopy - should be just the thing for those quiet moments!

Thanks for the pointer - Stefek