Doctor Evil

"DIYSOS" wrote in message

I've just had a quick glance before going out and I just wanted to check
back...

True the store would be downstairs and the boiler upstairs... all very
upside down. However the cold tanks would be in the loft, the small F&E

tank
could be raised if necessary. The store is not a combination and no
radiators will be in the loft.

Is it still the case I need a pressurised system or wouldn't 100%
integrated/vented be OK?.

That changes matters a little. The store will be open vented and direct CH
and boiler primaries. No coils inside at all. The flow/return primaries is
still the same as I explained except no separate F&E tank. Have a full bore
isolation valve on the flow and the return pipes to the boiler to isolate
when the condensing boiler goes in. Have an auto air vent on the boiler
flow near the boiler to remove any air. Also have an auto air vent on the
highest point on the rad circuit if possible.

One F&E tank in the loft, above the highest rad, feeding the store on the
ground floor. As you want the store at around 65C, best have the CH return
at the bottom and flow tapping taken off about 2/3 of the way up. You have
two tappings. One 2/3 of the way up and one near the flow at the bottom.
This gives you leeway. With high a temperature store you use the two bottom
tappings for CH. With a low temp the top. You could connect both and tee
into the CH flow. Have an isolation valve on each. Just turn one off and
the other on. Then you are covered if things don't turn out as you thought.
Simple and cheap.

If you have TRVs on all rads then fit a Grundfos Alpha pump on the CH
circuit - no need for a flow switch. A normal pump on the boiler primaries.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download