lloer

Maria wrote:
Hi

I've just had a quote for replacement windows for a company, which
claimed that under the FENSA regulations, upstairs windows have to
have a bottom opener to allow for escape from fire.

Can anyone advise if this is true please?

Thanks.

(I've looked on the FENSA web site but can't see anything about bottom
openers for fire escape)

PS the reason I don't want a bottom opener is because I have a
kamikaze 3 year old who would simply lob himself through the opening
if he had half a chance!

We had the same issue. The windows had to be bottom opening as otherwise the
opening would have been to high to use as an exit.

Our builder agreed with us that making them lockable though was a good idea.
We decided that as we do not smoke, do not use a chip pan, do not have an
open fire or gas fire or gas cooker then the risk of our young child falling
out of the window was greater than the risk of a fire.

HTH

Emma