Dave Hinz

On 22 Mar 2005 16:27:18 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:46:32 GMT, Christopher Graham wrote:

The commercially available machines/tools I've Googled are for larger
tubing, or smaller tubing. I'm prepared to invest (no more than necessary)
in buying a good machine if necessary, but have limited space.

When I worked in an aircraft instrumentation shop, we had a mandrel
bender for tubing, which did 1/2" up to 1" or so. Round base maybe
18" in diameter, vertical shaft on bearings in the center (coming up),
with an arm attached to that shaft. Mandrels went on the shaft, and
between that and the arm. Stop pins for starting and stopping position
were inserted into holes in the table.

Following up to myself...
http://www.medfordtools.com/benders/mb3.html is a different machine
but along the lines of what I'm talking about.