Daniel A. Mitchell

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:29:42 -0800, Lane wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message

Ive seen em. Often times used in school gymnasiums and such. Huge,
heavy as hell, and dangerous as can be. Hence the increased usage of
manlifts, even though the costs are an order of magnitude higher.

No way you'd catch me on one that tall, let alone using a power washer on
one. Just too much can go wrong, as someone else mentioned.

You know, maybe easier to get a 16' extension on the power washer, and
stand on the ground... not an elegant solution, but a hell of a lot safer.
A power washer can give you a bit of thrust on the ground, and the
levarage of that thrust times the height of the ladder...lots of torque
there.

Dave Hinz

Most of the really tall stepladders I've seen use 'outrigger' braces to
steady them. These are hinged off the sides of the ladder, and fold when
not in use. The effect is to make a sort of tripod of the ladder ...
well, actually, four legs, or a pyramid. I've seen these in both
aluminum and fiberglass versions. Try a commercial electrical supply ...
they often carry these.

And, yes, they are heavy and expensive.

Dan Mitchell