Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
doozer wrote:
Anyway, at first I hated it and wanted to put back the wood but I have
come to like the idea of tiled window sills but not the horrible brown
tiles they have used. I have a bit of spare time today so I am going to
lay some nice tiles. I have tiled onto walls before and know the basic
principals but I was wondering if there are any special considerations
regarding tiling on to wood. The last tiles were laid with tiling grout
and it adhered moderately well to the wood. Would mixing a little PVA
with the bedding grout (if you see what I mean) help stick them even
better?

It rather depends on whether the wood is going to 'move' at all.

I've got blockboard worktops which are tiled, and they've been fine. On
the advice of the supplier I gave the wood a couple of coats of diluted
PVA first, them used a mortar based adhesive about 1/4" thick.

--
*Born free...Taxed to death.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.