doozer

Default tiling a wood window sill

Hi,

For some reason the previous owners of our place decided that it would
be a good idea to tile the window sills after sawing off the front edge
(e.g. cut them back so that they are flush with the wall - well roughly
flush, they seem to have used a rabid gopher as their cutting tool of
choice).

Anyway, at first I hated it and wanted to put back the wood but I have
come to like the idea of tiled window sills but not the horrible brown
tiles they have used. I have a bit of spare time today so I am going to
lay some nice tiles. I have tiled onto walls before and know the basic
principals but I was wondering if there are any special considerations
regarding tiling on to wood. The last tiles were laid with tiling grout
and it adhered moderately well to the wood. Would mixing a little PVA
with the bedding grout (if you see what I mean) help stick them even better?

Cheers.

Graham