Leon

"Unisaw A-100" wrote in message
Woodchuck34 wrote:
He said that its not safe to crosscut a piece that is much longer
than it is wide, which is correct,

Do the guy a favor and go back and tell him the secrets of
the cross cut sled. He'll learn something.

I don't think he is there yet. Some times in the beginning stages of an
adventure you just hafta experience the occasion to really understand what
is involved.
I bought a new Jet ocilationg spindle sander earlier this month. I thought
it would be a luxury tool but have used it on 3 projects in the last 3
weeks. I had no clue that I would use it this much. I also thought that I
would need more 3" diameter replacement abrasive sleves than the smallest
ones. Yesterday I was happy that I had used the tool more before
discovering that the smaller sleves would probably wear out 10 times faster
than the 3" one. But after probably 2 hours of use on the machine none of
the abrasives show any wear yet, WHO KNOWS!!! Duh.

UA100, who thinks the guy isn't doing his customers any
favors spreading rumors like that...