Steve Manes

On 21 Mar 2005 20:57:12 -0800, "
wrote:

Steve Manes:
Thanks for the info. How much did you get charged for complete
install?

I haven't completed the installation yet. I did the top floor last
summer because I already had most of the walls open for the copper,
drain and electrical runs. Total cost for the two heads (I decided to
leave the guest room on a window A/C) was $3200 for a 20k BTU unit

BTW: EMI system (http://www.enviromaster.com/products.asp) has
individual circuits for each zone, so if everything else remains
equal, single multi-circuit compressor should be more efficient and
sightly then multiple compressors around the house.

Each head has its own circuit but the more heads you have on a unit
the larger the outside compressor unit required, which draws more
power than a smaller unit. Ideally, if you have a couple of zones you
want to shut down, say, at night while you're sleeping you'd put them
on their own compressor so you could shut it down completely.

The more I learn
about AC the more I lean towards ductless. Efficiency and capability
to adjust temps in individual zones is very appealing.

It's nice. The heads are a pretty obtrusive but some creative
carpentry should hide them fairly well. Otherwise, they're very quiet
and offer features you won't find in most ducted A/C, like oscillating
vanes, remote control and zone timers.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs