Norminn

clipped

I don't have an exact figure for this but I would say that about 10
percent of the work I do is for people that hired the lower priced
fellow first. They then call me in to finish up and fix problems
because the cheaper guy was fired. It always ends up costing them more
than if they had hired me in the first place.

I never actually say it, but I know that throughout the job they are
waiting for me to say; "I told you so!". Like I say, I never say it.
It is enough to know that it is true.

I am a retired nurse, and I have seen folks do the same thing with
contractors that they do with physicians....rely on the "authority" for
all information, rather than educate themselves, get the work done for
the lowest price, criticize the "authority" for all complications (even
the unforseen), and end up with higher priced person to fix what went
wrong. Amazing how many people have had abdominal surgery and have no
clue what the doc did when he was messing around in their guts, or how
many pills folks take without knowing what they can or cannot do )