Today, Seller accepted the bid on my "sample" house!!!

Steve Manes:
Thanks for the info. How much did you get charged for complete
install?
BTW: EMI system (http://www.enviromaster.com/products.asp) has
individual circuits for each zone, so if everything else remains
equal, single multi-circuit compressor should be more efficient and
sightly then multiple compressors around the house. The more I learn
about AC the more I lean towards ductless. Efficiency and capability
to adjust temps in individual zones is very appealing.

Tekkie:
It is interesting that you mention that. By doing research on the web
I went through the college with minimal effort, was able to pull apart
and put together drive train of my 2000 Mustang with no prior drive
train experience, design some oddball electronic circuits, master
linux, build some interesting wireless systems, etc. Surprisingly, I
found very little concrete tech info on air conditioning and a lot of
animosity, all that just adds to my curiosity

Liz:
As far as AC is concerned, I am squarely in the WIMP category. I can
deal with heat and humidity during the day, but humid summer nights
with no AC destroy my sleep. Besides, I have a bunch of comp. equipment
in my office that needs to stay cool.

Kathy:
Thanks for the figure.