Robert Allison

Andy Asberry wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:30:01 GMT, Robert Allison
wrote:

Snip

Once a client has chosen to work with me, I will do just about
anything to make them happy. I won't do that just to get the job.

Most of us have read your posts long enough to know this not your way
of doing business for just today. It is a way of life; an expectation
of yourself.

The problem for the customer is that this is the same story they get
from the slick-talking-know-nothing contractor.

I'm not a building contractor but in my business I get testimonials
from every customer. It is hard for a potential customer to ignore a
binder full of endorsements. Even if they don't like my brand of
product or price, they know what I say is fact. If they then demand
the same quality service from their current supplier, the price gap
may narrow.

It is especially sweet to get a call from a customer who confesses
that they should have followed my advice. That brand X's product or
service just is not measuring up.

I don't have an exact figure for this but I would say that
about 10 percent of the work I do is for people that hired the
lower priced fellow first. They then call me in to finish up
and fix problems because the cheaper guy was fired. It always
ends up costing them more than if they had hired me in the
first place.

I never actually say it, but I know that throughout the job
they are waiting for me to say; "I told you so!". Like I say,
I never say it. It is enough to know that it is true.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.