Backlash

If a dozen wraps of teflon tape have to be used on a pipe joint to seal it,
there are other problems that need addressing. A complete round and a half
should seal a pipe thread, two wraps at the most.
PVC rigid pipe will blow up like a bomb on you. Please don't anyone us
it for airlines under pressure. If they fail, it will be a catastrophic
event. They don't just crack and leak. Ask me how I know. My next lines
probably will be adhesive jointed, or maybe soldered, copper.

RJ

"G Henslee" wrote in message
JerseyMike wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

G Henslee wrote:

JerseyMike,

Black pipe allthough it lends itself slightly to condensation (sweating)
is most common. Copper pipe with sweated fittings, K or L PVC is good
also. PVC is out and I believe banned by the Dept. of Labor There is a
product out called PVC Air Hose.

Correction, I made a typo in my second sentence. PVC is NOT good. As I
stated in the third sentence.

what is PVC air hose and what would be a good Dia. for hard
pipe....1/2"??
can galvanized pipe be used?? what should be put on threads.....pipe
dope
or teflon tape??

Mike,

I ran across pvc air hose or pvc air line on the net a while back. A
google search should find it. IIRC it had a rating of 400 psi or close. As
for the 1/2" galvanized, sure you can use that. I would recommend an air
filter/regulator w/ coalescing filter at the beginning of the line to deal
with moisture. I prefer teflon tape for most jobs. This one included.
Give it a dozen or so wrap arounds.