oreo123

O.K. I just drew, scanned, and posted 2 drawings. The first one is he
http://home.comcast.net/~oreo123/lftvent.jpg This is the original stacking.

The second one is he http://home.comcast.net/~oreo123/lftvent2.jpg

Basically the top floor stack was cut off and the venting was run around
under a tub, up a wall and over the bathroom.

If I run around 2 gallons of water it drains great. After that a few glubs
of air and the water stops running. The water does go down over next couple
of minutes.

From the new kitchen sink its out of pig, into 1.5 inch to the wall. Then
there is one elbow and a 5 foot run to the wall drain. I did not show the 5
foot run across the wall to the drain going down (lack of drawing ability).

Either I have a venting problem, or the slope of the pipe from where it was
snapped - to the outside wall does not have the quarter inch slope per foot.

I have punched the drain 3 times and there is no obstruction. Snake is 25
footer drain gun. All drains have sweeps so the snake is going into the main
stack beyond where it was snapped.

Anyone have any thoughts? NOT looking forward to opening up the floor or
wall if I can avoid it. UGH.

TIA.

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
oreo123 wrote:

Its a 3 family house with kitchs and baths on their own stack. This is
top
floor unit where a non bearing wall was moved to reroute a vent stack.
Issue
is with kitchen sink where it runs fine for first few gallons and then
stops. Get some bubbles and a very slow flow. Snaked it out to 25 feet 3
different times and no blockages. The 2 floors beneath have no issues. So
wanted to draw it out and run it by a few people to get their wild
guesses
before we start ripping things open.

If it's just this one sink in all likelihood there's a long horizontal
run or a sharp elbow somewhere and it has collected detritus from the
sink. Is possible that a vent is clogged, but much less likely imo.
I'm betting there's a clog past where your snake has reached.