Steve Manes

On 20 Mar 2005 17:07:00 -0800, "
wrote:

3) Install two mini-split systems. My sample house has 6 rooms, but I
could not find any mini-split systems with more then 4 zones (install 2
systems - 2-zones and 3-zones?).

I've got a split system here. Installation was fairly painless,
except for repairing holes in the plaster walls.

What you need to do is run multiple compressors. This is actually
advantageous from an energy savings standpoint because you can shut
off unneeded zones entirely. The AC guy who installed mine
recommended against having more than two zones on a single compressor
for this reason. The smaller compressors are also more easily
concealed and can be located closer to the zones they feed so they're
more effective.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs