G Henslee

It may be sand or grit in the water. Allthough you mention no problems
with other faucets in the house. Still, you might consider a filter
setup at the main line where it enters your house. It can only help.

tony_g wrote:
I guess i should have said that I did try to take all the advice into
consideration. I used teflon tape on both the seat and the valve stem
itself. It never leaks right after installation. It always takes
about two months before the drip begins. The valve is not being
cranked down as best as I can control since i do have children but they
have been instructed to close down the valve very gently. I also
checked with some toothpaste on the assembly that it is not being
restricted from closing.