bclee05

Default Low Pitch - leaky roof

Hi,

I live in Massachusetts and have a low pitch (2-3) roof over an
addition to the house. At the valley where the low pitch meets a
standard pitch roof, there has been some roof leak problems when there
is a lot of snow. Last year I had a guy lay down some ice and water
shield, but it turns out that it hasn't worked.

I've had a couple of guys come out and offer some solutions. Here are
their recommendations:

(Contractor 1): Rubberize the roof.
(Contractor 2): Rubberize the roof.
(Contractor 3): Use polyglass product which seal the roof like a
rubber product, but offer a textured (granulated surface) that will at
least sorta match the shingles on the roof.

When I look around, it seems that I've noticed many "low pitch" roofs
that don't have "rubberized" roofs. And I've yet to actually see a low
pitch roof w/ rubber. I'm hesitant on putting a pitch black roof on
top since the roof is visible. So i'm leaning towards the polyglass
product, but was wondering has anyone had any experience w/ polyglass?
How about Low Pitch roofs? Is there another solution that I've missed?

The quotes have been all over from less than 2000 to 4500.

The roof area is about 22' x 12'.

Thanks in advanced!

ben