rnr_construction

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:KTXZd.7287$I16.5584@trndny03...

uriah wrote in message
I will be starting a project installing both considerable amount of
molding in my house. I want to buy a power miter saw for the project.
After this I will seldom have any need of the saw. Renting one by the
day would cost to much for a diy in spare time job so can any one
suggest an econonical saw for the project?

One of the best and easily obtained is the DeWalt. You can buy one and
then later sell it for overall less cost than renting.

While I normally do not recommend cheap tools, you can get a Ryobi for
about $100. If you do, you may want to consider getting a better blade
for it. I have no experience with the original blade so check it out. If
the cut is smooth enough, good, but if not a Freud blade is a good bet.
In your case, the most important part is accuracy of the cut so you may
have to adjust it to get it perfect. Durability is not a factor since it
is a one shot deal.

For molding, a 10" is very adequate. You can spend more money for a 12"
or a slider and get more capacity, but for you needs, it seems overkill.
If you have ideas of putting on a deck in the future, the miter saw will
be handy also.

It amazes me how many people think Dewalt is a top of the line Chopsaw.
They still make money on refurbished tools if their so great why do they
break down so much?