Scot Lilly

I actually just got a quote on that the other day. It seems that for
allergies (prevalent in Oklahoma) you need to do it every 7-10 years. I
personally have never had it done, but all my vents are ceiling mounted.
This is different because since both units use the same work, you tend to
have air blowing them consistently. Now this is assuming that you clean out
your filter regularly. If you have floor vents, you probably want to get
the cleaned out a little more often since that is usually one of the key
places that you get mildew first (besides a basement).

Scot Lilly

www.pratamortgage.com

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Son just moved into a house that has gas, forced hot air heating (in New
England)
The ducts are also used for A/C system where the condenser is mounted
outside the house.

Realize this is a pretty general question, but nobody in family has ever
had this type of heating system befo

How often is it a "good idea" to hire a duct-cleaning company to come in
and clean out all the duct work ?

Can't know for sure, but it wouldn't
surprise me if it hasn't ever been done since the house was built 25 yrs
ago.

BTW: how do they do this ?

Thanks,
Bob