Scot Lilly

Honestly the heat from a gas dryer and from an electric aren't that far off.
Where you are really looking at potential problems comes when you get build
up in the ducts. If they were to catch fire, the fire would probably burn
up the thin stuff and not the rigid metal. I say keep the flimsy stuff, but
check you ducts to make sure they are clean and the air can freely move out.
As long as you keep them clean and clean out the flint catch in the dryer
unit every time you use it, your fine.

Scot Lilly

www.pratamortgage.com

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Bought a metal foil duct roll at Home Depot to replace the duct
from a 30 year old gas clothes dryer installation.

Seemed to be the standard type of AL foil metal duct for this purpose
that Home Depot sells, but frankly didn't look all that carefully to see
if there were others.

A plumber who is also a gas fitter was in the house the other day for
something
else, and said that this was not a good item to use. Too thin, etc.

But, he had no real suggestion as to brand; he like rigid metal ductwork
for the purpose.

What's the "best" and safest type of duct that I should buy ?
Is it available at HD ?

Thanks,
Bob